Backstage photos at the Gerlan Jeans Fall 2009 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week on February 16, 2009 in New York City. (Photo by Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images)
Gerlan Jeans are on everybody’s lips right now. She’s totally an upcoming Patricia Field type who just debuted her line, designing wild, eye-catching prints in solid bright colors eclipsed with all-over patterns like zig-zag arrows pointing well, to everywhere. Cobalt blues, cotton candy pinks, New Era caps adorned with oversized Alice In Wonderland bows. Layered eye shadow streaks in canary yellows and sea green turquoises. Gorgeous!
Check out the fun video posted by the company on their website | gerlanjeans.com
Here’s a little home video of the entire line’s finale. Enjoy!
XO | Beat Street Sara
DJ Zimmie is an amazing DJ hailing from Pittsburgh, PA where he currently holds down many, many weekly and monthly residencies and was just named “Mr. X” for Pittsburgh by the Red Bull Music Academy. So basically, he’s like the hip hop/ soul / funk / R & B / classic rock mayor of his hood. And from his hood to yours, Zimmie is kind enough to share free downloads of his fantastic mixtapes, created with love and the hopes that you’ll be hooked and continue checking for him.
Visit his MYSPACE PAGE and sign up for his emailed newsletter so you can get messages like the one below sent directly to your inbox. Kinky and contagious. Just like DJ Zimmie.
XO | Beat Street Sara
What’s up peoples?
Below is a download link to DJ Zimmie – Backrub Volume 2 with the tracklisting. It’s the 2nd installment of my sexy mix series, perfect for handlin’ that biz in the bedroom. I cut it just in time for Valentine’s Day so I hope you put it to good use. The artwork is at the bottom.
DISCLAIMER: DJ Zimmie and his affiliates are in no way responsible for unintended kids created from the use of this mixtape.
1. Beautiful (Remix) – Mos Def ft. Talib Kweli & Mary J. Blige
2. Like It Like That – A Tribe Called Quest
3. A Deep Hip Hop Kinda Love (Afterhours Mix) – Armand Van Helden
4. Lucy Pearl’s Way – Lucy Pearl
5. One More Chance (Remix) – Notorious B.I.G.
6. The First Taste – Fiona Apple
7. The Sweetest Taboo – Sade
8. I Belong To You – Lenny Kravitz
9. She Don’t Have To Know – John Legend
10. That’s The Way Love Goes – Janet Jackson
11. Ascension (Don’t Ever Wonder) – Maxwell
12. Got 2 Be Down – Robin Thicke ft. Faith Evans
13. I Like It (I Wanna Be Where You Are)(Instrumental) – Grand Puba
14. Soon I’ll Be Loving You Again – Marvin Gaye
15. Heavy Love Affair (Unreleased Odyssey Studios Mix) – Marvin Gaye
16. Get It On Tonight – Montell Jordan
17. What It Feels Like For A Girl – Madonna
18. Interlude (Phone Conversation from “Heat”)
19. Eyes Without A Face – Billy Idol
20. Alright – D’Angelo
Hello everyone! Welcome to Monster Vintage’s blog! Whoo hoo!
I thought, what better way to begin this fantastic journey than with a picture of one of my favorite vintage tees currently available on our monster of a vintage clothing website, monstervintage.com. I think this 1970’s color photo of Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier sums up what the posse of us at Monster Vintage headquarters in Portland, OR do: Fight, to the point of breaking a sweat, to bring you the most divine vintage pieces.
At $999.99, this tee is pricy but hey, what’s wearing a piece of history worth? Don’t worry though, we have circus tents full of other vintage clothing that’s easier on the pocket so take some time to browse and know that we couldn’t be more excited to have an outlet now to post delicious goodies, some informational, some purely entertaining but all of it for YOU!
Link to Ali and Frazier tee pictured above (click). Item # 5547 on the website!
Love Love Love – The Monster Vintage Treehouse | Beat Street Sara